As the days get longer and the neighborhoods smell like charcoal-grilled meat and vegetables, it’s time to open those screen doors and enjoy your backyard deck. While Zoom-schooling parents and kids may be ready for summer, there are a few steps needed to prep your patio or porch. We have four simple suggestions to make sure your deck is equipped to handle the heat.
- 1. Start with a refresh.
- Your deck has been through a lot in the past few years. Rain, snow, and sun chip away at the wood’s surface, while mold and dirt collect on worn sealant. Start the summer season off with a clean slate. A deep powerwashing will clean your surface, and a protective finish will save your deck from harmful UV-rays. Renew Crew’s 3-step process offers an eco-friendly pre-soak to lift dirt and eliminate mold and mildew, a power clean to restore original appearance, and a protective finish made of special polymers to repel weather damage and extend the life of your deck!
- 2. Clean your patio furniture.
- With your deck rejuvenated and armed against the sun, it’s time to decorate it. In order to powerwash your deck, you have to clear off the furniture anyway. This creates a great opportunity to wash your outdoor cushions, rugs, and pillows — and replace the items that are beyond the rescue efforts of a little TLC. Scrub down the furniture frames and wipe off your tables so your next backyard barbecue can be served in safety and style.
- 3. Bring it to life with seasonal plants.
- Maybe you started a patio garden during quarantine, or maybe your thumb is not so green and your wilted fall flowers are still slumped in their pots. Now is a great time for a refresh! Repot any plants that need more space, and water the ones that are still thriving. If you want more foliage on your deck, head to a local nursery to pick out the best seasonal options to add color and life to your space.
- 4. Add some lights.
- Summer nights spent outside create magical memories. With cooler temperatures and a reprieve from the blaring heat of the sun, the deck is a great place to curl up with a book or a drink and enjoy the evening. There are a wide variety of lights you can add to your deck area, including mounted lights on your door, string lights around the upper levels of your deck, and mosquito-repellent lights for tables or to stake into your soil. Make sure your lightbulbs are up to date, check your batteries, and ensure you have the extension cords required to light up your summer nights!
For a free estimate on a Renew Crew Satisfaction Guaranteed clean of your outdoor deck, contact us today!