You pull into your driveway after a long day of work, and your house just doesn’t quite have the luster you remember. A thorough pressure washing will wipe clean layers of dirt, weather damage, and mildew. While pressure washing is a super hands-off process for you, there are a few steps you can take before your pressure washing to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
- 1. Do your research.
- There’s a lot to keep in mind when choosing a pressure washer. Some types of pressure washers are too aggressive and gouge the surfaces. Others — like ours — don’t. You don’t want a formula with damaging chemicals like chlorine that will wreck your wood or kill your plants. The company you select is also significant. You want a company that is reliable and will do the job right the first time — and, if something does go wrong, you want a company that will come back and fix it for you. We would recommend choosing a company that won’t just clean your surfaces but will protect them against future damage from weather and wear.
- Renew Crew is a company that meets all of those criteria and is locally owned and operated. Find a location near you here and schedule your free estimate.
- 2. Secure all your windows & doors.
- If the exterior of your home is getting pressure washed, you don’t want to risk any of the powerful stream bursting into your home. While you definitely want to shut all your doors and windows, we recommend locking them too, so you can be confident they won’t budge and your interior will remain nice and dry.
- 3. Clear your driveway.
- Even if you aren’t getting your driveway pressure washed, our pressure washing team still needs to access their equipment. Make sure items like basketball hoops are not blocking the area that you are planning to have cleaned.
- 4. Unplug and shut off the electrical items outside your home.
- You’re inviting a heavy stream of water against your home, which is a dangerous recipe when mixed with any exterior extension cords, lights, or outdoor fans you may have plugged in near your deck or patio. Keep our team and your family safe and make sure that when your property is being pressure washed, the only currents flowing are water.
- 5. Move any potted plants within the line of fire.
- Our unique 3-step process is eco-friendly and will not chemically endanger your plants. However, your smaller plants could be the casualty of a powerful surge of water during the pressure washing process. It doesn’t hurt to move them out of the way just in case!
Whether you want to revitalize your driveway, deck, or home exterior, Renew Crew offers a thorough process to clean and protect your home, backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Schedule a free estimate by calling 877-683-8000.